In your bag No: 1563 – John Vasquez
After many a trial and error the red dots gave John the most satisfaction in his minimal setup.
Hey all, my name is John and I’m a photographer in the Bay Area (soon moving to Portland). Awhile ago, I had a all kinds of cameras and bags cycling through my hands on an almost weekly basis. Only recently was I truly comfortable and happy of my current setup. You know when you have that “This is it” feeling? well I’m happy to say that this is it. I mainly shoot street and contemporary still photography. I use all kinds of films but mainly find black and white as my main color medium. So with that out of the way, here is my what’s in my bag!
- Domke fx-5: I love this bag. Small and straight to the point. Only carry whats necessary.
- Leica M4-p w/ 50mm summicron collapsible: Only 3 words to describe this camera and lens; classic, raw, and rugged. I mainly shoot black and white with this setup.
- Leica Minilux: To me, this is the finest point and shoot camera (Besides the T3). Tactile shutter button and amazing auto mode. Also insanely fast flash. I would buy this camera again and again. I love it that much.
- Sekonic L-308s: Companion to the m4-p
- Zeiss wipes and cleaning cloth
- Ziplock bags for film.
Not pictured: Leica motor m and of course FILM!
Thanks for looking guys
Thanks for sending us your bag shot John, care to share any of your work from that sweet glass?
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com
Send me a high resolution image of the bag. Optimum size is 1500px across. Please ensure there is a bag in the shot, unless you don’t use one. The more you can write about yourself the better, make it appealing and tell us a story. Snapshots of your gear with a camera phone and no words will not be featured.
Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.