In your bag No: 1572 -Devon Salyer
Like the devil, Devon wears Prada to haul around compact goodies and film through the Aloha state.
Hi, I’m Devon Salyer and I am a videographer in Huntsville, Alabama. Sometimes, my work takes me to Hawaii, so I’m going to share some of my toys for this trip.
1. Nikon L35AF- it’s one of my favorite cameras. It’s compact and I love the lens on it.
2. Konica Pop- this camera was gifted to me from one of my parent’s friends because she knew I liked film cameras. I’m all about trying out new cameras and seeing some cool photos on the internet, I decided to bring it along.
3. Lomography Diana F+ with a super-wide 38mm plastic fantastic lens- this is my tenth time to Hawaii, and third time on this island. I’ve shot every nook and cranny with my good Nikon F6, so I decided to challenge myself to see if I can get a different perspective with the same scenery using this cheap-o camera. I’ve used the Diana before while traveling, and got some pretty cool shots. I hope to do the same with this trip.
4. Rollei XF 35- this is my newest camera to date and my first rangefinder. I didn’t want to sink a lot of money into it if I didn’t like using this type of camera. I even adjusted the rangefinder to make it accurate again. I can’t wait to see what I get out of this camera.
JCH 35mm and 120 film holders- 120 film holder is stocked with Kodak Ektar, which gets the results I want when shooting with the Diana. The 35mm has a large variety of e-6, c-41, and black and white films.
Prada bag- it’s small, but it does expand to fit all of my cameras and keep my wallet and keys all in the right place.
Anyway, daylight’s a burning, gotta go enjoy my day off and take some photos of beaches and palm trees! Thanks for reading.
* to see more examples of my work, my instagram is instagram.com/dsal3r
Thanks for sending us your bag shot Devon. How’d you find the rangefinder shooting experience?
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com
Send me a high resolution image of the bag. Optimum size is 1500px across. Please ensure there is a bag in the shot, unless you don’t use one. The more you can write about yourself the better, make it appealing and tell us a story. Snapshots of your gear with a camera phone and no words will not be featured.
Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.